How-to: XBMC with real 1080p support on the MK802 III

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: How-to: XBMC with real 1080p support on the MK802 III

Postby wololo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:18 pm

I made a blog entry based on this. I've been using this build for a while now and it made my mk802 III complete :)

http://makesmarttv.net/how-to-xbmc-with ... mk802-iii/

Includes a video (showing a 1080p movie running) and a few screenshot, a few of those below:

Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Re: How-to: XBMC with real 1080p support on the MK802 III

Postby wololo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:35 pm

I ended up fixing the latest xbmc to support external players (MX Player). I updated the first post with a binary and explanations (check the first post!).

This is probably the bext xbmc build out there for all mk802 owners, probably works on all clones as well (tronsmart, cloudnet go, etc...) basically everything running on Rockchip or Allwinner:
it's the latest and greatest xbmc, which means libstagefright support for those who want it, but also with MX player et. al support, for those who still don't see any improvement with libstagefright.

This was lots of work (not the code change itself, but all the stuff I had to learn to make it happen), so your feedback (success or failure on your device, etc...) is really appreciated. and if it works for you, please spread the word, thanks! ( I'll maintain this only if I see there is interest outside of my own little world for such a fix :p )

(I have not actually tested this on my mk802 III yet, only on a clone of the mk802IV.)
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Previous

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum