Sorted the Slow WiFi

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Sorted the Slow WiFi

Postby bigbill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am

I was unable to run HD youtube or any other video using WiFi. This issue has been reported on other devices....

Tried all discussed solutions then out of desperation installed...Network Speed Booster.... from play store. TOTALLY SORTED IT. Note that before I ran the START, I turned mobile network OFF... as it detected that the OS thought it was on. Then START.

It may be that this issue is because of the fact that the OS though the mobile network was on..... it may not.... who know. Anyhow, I can now run HD video using my III over WIFi now with no issues.

An edit with detail. Using speedtest from play store. The difference was 1mbps without over my wifi and 3mbps with network speed booster running. Interestingly I had turned off my III and it had gone back to 1mbps, and again unable to stream HD. Ran NSB again and sorted once more.

No idea what NSB is doing but the good news for me is that it is not the hardware so can be fixed without having to do the above in the next firmware drop. I suggest the sceptic gives it a go
Last edited by bigbill on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigbill

Re: Sorted the Slow WiFi

Postby shishir332 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:01 pm

There is no such thing as 'Network Speed Booster'. If there was one it would already have made way into the android kernel. This is just a gimmick.
shishir332

Postby bigbill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

shishir332 wrote:There is no such thing as 'Network Speed Booster'. If there was one it would already have made way into the android kernel. This is just a gimmick.

Like I say as you wish, for others with an issue and would like to see if this fixes it, here is the link to the thing that apparently does not exist and does not work.... IT WORKED FOR ME, thats all I am saying....

If its a gimmick, cool. Its a gimmick with talent though, :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 29zdGVyIl0.
bigbill

Postby wololo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Reminds me of the "dead pixel fixer" apps... magic powder and placebo effect?
Review of the MK802 IV - Review of the MK802 III - Review of the air mouse MK702 II
My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your Android TV (2014 edition)
Tutorial: watch Netflix outside of the US (this method works way better than VPN!)
wololo

Postby proplayer44 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 am

I figured it out. Don't plug the mouse or maybe anything in the USB port. Either its too close to the other power port or something about it being too close to wifi antenna. I moved the mouse to use the usb dongle into the the UTG port or whatever its called. My speed test immediately went up to 6 meg from 1 meg. All is well and stable as a result.
proplayer44

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum