Plex wirelessly

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Plex wirelessly

Postby mphan1985 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:48 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using plex... so before what i used to do is plug in a harddrive into a hub that plugged into the rikomagic directly... it used to play movies at the quality it was recorded and so to that extent it was clear and crisp... but then since i am going to buy another TV... I wanted to wirelessly use plex from my computer and use the plex account on my rikomagic to play my movies... same movies but then why arent any of them clear and crisp as before? The connection is great and it doesnt have lag or lag in the audio... just the video is not crisp... can anyone tell me why or if there is a way to fix this issue?..

Thank in advance...
mphan1985

Re: Plex wirelessly

Postby Esoterik » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Check the settings in the Plex app menu for something along the lines of "network speed". By default the android app limits the stream to 2mbps no matter how good your wireless actually is, so your server will transcode any video down to 2mbps if it is higher than that. On my home network (which isn't fantastic) I can set my streaming speed to between 6 and 10mbps. This means most things just direct play but the super big videos (like my Blu-ray rip of Avatar which is around 25mbps) will only get transcoded down to my chosen speed.
Esoterik

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum