Newbie Question

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Newbie Question

Postby gggvan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi,

I just plugged my IIIs into my TV, but i don't have a physical keyboard to plug into the device per the instructions. So the device can't get onto my home network. Is there an smartphone app that will act as a keyboard when directly plugged in?

gary
gggvan

Re: Newbie Question

Postby goth1k » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:23 am

Yeah you can use a mouse with the on screen keyboard to connect to your network and then down load the RKM Remote app from the Rikomagic.com download page. They have one for both 4.1 and 4.2 firmwares.

Regards

goth1k

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
goth1k

Postby gggvan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:18 pm

hey thanks. I was able to get on my network using a usb mouse. my issue now is that when i try to go to any web site, youtube, google search, it looses signal. so if i click google, i see the google page for about 1 second before TV goes to "no signal". any thoughts?
gggvan

Postby goth1k » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Not encountered this myself but you'll probably find a similar issue posted in the forum somewhere.

It could be that the ground wire for your wifi antenna is maybe shorting the hdmi port...someone please correct me if i'm wrong

goth1k

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
goth1k

Postby nizar_g » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:13 pm

gggvan wrote:hey thanks. I was able to get on my network using a usb mouse. my issue now is that when i try to go to any web site, youtube, google search, it looses signal. so if i click google, i see the google page for about 1 second before TV goes to "no signal". any thoughts?

don't know if you're still having this problem, but it sounds to me like your USB adapter is too weak, just the power rating and make sure you use one with an output of 2A
nizar_g

Postby gggvan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:42 pm

yes, it was the power cable. I ran an extension cord and plugged it in to the wall and the issue went away. Is the cord the unit shipped with or the USB port on the TV? If the cable, can I get one at radioshack?
gggvan

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum