DTS Surround sound codec for mx player

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

DTS Surround sound codec for mx player

Postby johnshun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello everyone, as most of us are aware that MX PLAYER has the capability to playback 3D movies on our Mk802 II device. However, none of the available players support surround sound. I happened across this website that shows us how to enable surround sound output for MX PLAYER to enhance the movie experience with our mk802II.

here's the link, follow the super easy instruction and you'll love ur mk802ii even more. http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-HOWTO ... ICE-Player

I have personally tested this myself with multiple movies with DTS audio codec and this works like a champ. I was truly experiencing a real theater experience :)
johnshun

Re: DTS Surround sound codec for mx player

Postby Xylexis » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi there,

Could you check the output of your device to your receiver/surround set.
I believe the MK802ii device does not have the ability to pass through DTS because it uses android 4.0.4
The new 4.1.x android versions should support pass through.
I only get stereo output from my device, I just put my receiver on Pro Logic II to fake a bit of surround :-(
If this truly works that would be amazing, but I don't think it does.
I'm thinking of putting in some money to buy the MK802iiis. Support for MK802ii is lacking
Xylexis

Postby johnshun » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:23 am

I did tested it myself with MX Player so I cannot comment on the dice player codec. But without the codec, I only hear sound coming from my front+center speakers. With the codec, I get to hear my rear speakers and the surround sound is pretty clear. If you want to buy something that's a little faster for about $20 more, the IIIS isn't a bad option.

I'm in the market for another mini pc for my other TV, but right now I'm stuck among: MK808B, UG802, MK809, UHOST 2, and mk802 IIIS....

I still haven't able to find any review that would do side-by-side compares of any of the two above.
johnshun

Postby lynckmeister » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:19 pm

hi johnshun,

I am pretty shure that the surround that you can here is not a realy DTS or AC3 multichannel sound. Its the result of the stereo down mix of your stick which is transmitted as a PCM to your receiver. The receiver make a suurround calculation with it. Thats all. Please check again if your receiver shows AC3 or DIGITAL or DTS symbol.
lynckmeister

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum