Firmware update 29.09

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Firmware update 29.09

Postby danyrolux » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 am

saxrob wrote:

Rob this is date of built of your firmware RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D 2012/10/31 and i thinks this is latest official firmware for MK II

Thanks Adainair for your reply

in your experience which is the best firmware you have tried on mk802II ?

Consider that I use droidmote and don't use Skype

I use Uhost firmware U1A-404.000.10.121024 and Droidmote runs just ok.
Take a look to the videos: http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2012/12/uhost-firmware-on-rikomagic-mk802-ii.html or http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2012/12/onlive-played-on-tv-via-rikomagic-mk802.html
danyrolux

Postby redpotatoes » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Adainair wrote:
saxrob wrote:hi all

this is my first post on this forum.

I have bought 2 devices and on one the firmware has been upgraded with 1031 version. I can't see any difference, only the build is RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121031 on the one upgraded and RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D on the other.
Any tips on how understand definitely which version we have on our Mk802II?

Rob

Rob this is date of built of your firmware RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D 2012/10/31 and i thinks this is latest official firmware for MK II

Got a unit last week and the build number is RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121120

I am looking to get that firmware but cannot get it on the web. Anyone have it ?
redpotatoes

Postby focuz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Adainair wrote:@Focuz and @ll
if you can't flash your MK802 II please use this solution and SHARE if you successfully flash MK II,
because i can't really always like a parrot repeat this solution.

Use only 29.09 to "*unlock" your MK802 II and then again flash your MK II with any current firmware for MK802 II or U1A FW.
Firmware 29.09 is safe for flash, i am unlock my MK802 II many time with this firmware believe or no.

*Unlock"-> if your MK802 II does not accept any other firmware.

Mine current recomendation for upgrade is U1A firmware.

There is only one problem. When I try to flash 29.09 to "unlock" my MK802II, the blue light does not turn off. Which means the flashing process did not succeed, right? I am therefore unable to flash HBD400 or U1A since my device is bricked.

I guess I just have to keep trying the 29.09. The blue light is supposed to turn off when flashing 29.09 also??
focuz

Postby superbresca » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi focuz, when you flash the firmware blu light must be Turned on.
When the flash procedure is finished the blu light mist turn off, than you have to remove the MicroSd card and restart the Pc
superbresca

Postby Adainair II » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi Fokuz & SuperBresca

Sorry for late answer, but i am now see your post.
Flasing procedure is same like is Superbresca write in his post.
Yes blue light must go off after 5-6 minuts if you are successfully flash your MK II.
Please check after flashing procedure do you have any txt file in sdcard? and post here.
Good luck
By the way current best firmware for me is "Unlock your MK II" ;)
Adainair II

Postby danyrolux » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Adainair II wrote:Hi Fokuz & SuperBresca

Yes blue light must go off after 5-6 minuts if you are successfully flash your MK II.
Please check after flashing procedure do you have any txt file in sdcard? and post here.
Good luck

I hope I'm not in error, but 'Unlock your MK II' firmware is not based on Justop Android 4.0 TV Box v1.6 firmware?
If so, maybe you'll try and optimize the JUSTOP Android 4.0 TV Box v1.8 firmware from here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/justop-android-40-tv-box-v18-firmware.html

Fix and improvements:
1. Added AirPlay feature into Fireair utility
2. DLNA CTT/MCVT 100% pass
3. Device name under Fireair and Google tv remote can be changed by user
4. Improved network streaming performace
5. Improved 3D and blu-ray decoding performace

Added feature:
1. Support Miracast
2. Added VPN settings
3. Added OpenMAX port
4. User can now customize network media streaming policy
danyrolux

Postby Adainair II » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Unlock your MK II and Justop v18 are same firmware but v18 is updated version of this source.
If you wants to optimize some settings you need to find configuration files in your rom and tweak it.
Good luck
Last edited by Adainair II on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adainair II

Postby Isdenl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 am

redpotatoes wrote:
Adainair wrote:
saxrob wrote:hi all

this is my first post on this forum.

I have bought 2 devices and on one the firmware has been upgraded with 1031 version. I can't see any difference, only the build is RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121031 on the one upgraded and RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D on the other.
Any tips on how understand definitely which version we have on our Mk802II?

Rob

Got a unit last week and the build number is RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D20121120

I am looking to get that firmware but cannot get it on the web. Anyone have it ?

I think everyone would want the RKM-emg4.0.4IMM76D firmware if they had been able to try it. My latest device arrived just this past week and came loaded with that firmware. It seems every bit as fast as the Uhost firmware I had on a prior unit.

I really want to reflash with this exact firmware as my device only seems partially rooted, the system directory cannot be changed to read/write which makes installing any number of "root required" applications impossible. Other than that issue, the firmware is fast and stable. Best of all, it has none of the index error issues I had with the Play store on my knock off unit.
Isdenl

Postby Adainair II » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 am

danyrolux wrote:
Adainair II wrote:Hi Fokuz & SuperBresca

Good luck

I hope I'm not in error, but 'Unlock your MK II' firmware is not based on Justop Android 4.0 TV Box v1.6 firmware?
If so, maybe you'll try and optimize the JUSTOP Android 4.0 TV Box v1.8 firmware from here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/justop-android-40-tv-box-v18-firmware.html

Fix and improvements:
1. Added AirPlay feature into Fireair utility
2. DLNA CTT/MCVT 100% pass
3. Device name under Fireair and Google tv remote can be changed by user
4. Improved network streaming performace
5. Improved 3D and blu-ray decoding performace

Added feature:
1. Support Miracast
2. Added VPN settings
3. Added OpenMAX port
4. User can now customize network media streaming policy

Sorry last night i did not answer you correctly now.
I can't optimize your new firmware because i learning this system but i can try to optimize your internet languages.

var/root
Respect all members.

var/system/etc

You do not need to use "Quote" for last post in threat, use Reply and if you need to ask some question use @nickname xxxxxxxxxxx?
Quote use only for old post.

var/system/etc

On many site all over the internet Live links to your another site are not allowed, if you need to link something use option "Source" or "Code" or your post will be edited or deleted.
Reason Spam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam

And also keep me up to date with your new firmware my e-mail is sendmeyourfakereviews@aolDOTcom i will try to explain you next time when you need to use Caps Lock .
See you again my dear friend and all the best.
@Admin and Mods sorry for this offtopic
Adainair II

Postby focuz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 am

Adainair II wrote:Please check after flashing procedure do you have any txt file in sdcard? and post here.

I try to flash my device the correct way. It's not possible to do this easy task wrong, but the blue light wont turn off.
The SD-card is totally empty. After 20 minutes of waiting for that blue light to turn off, I just cut the power. Plugging the SD-card back into the PC and it's empty. No .txt file.
Any suggestions?

I am using the 2909 firmware, but that doesn't seem to unlock my device. Does the "Unlock my MK802 II" firmware work as 2909 or is it just a misleading name for a FW?
focuz

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum