[Please Help] Installing Android

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

[Please Help] Installing Android

Postby Noobie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 am

I had purchased Mk802+ from a local dealer . When I factory rested the 1st time , Android crashed . As it was under warranty I got it replaced . A year later I had the very same Problem during Factory Reset ,but now as its a year Warranty is void

LiveSuite Method Of Installation has Failed nearly spent 40 hours trying that

(Using various Drivers, Frimwares ,PCs) Though I could install and Run Linux/Ubuntu VIA SD Card . By the method suggested

Can I install Linux or Android via SD CARD ? Please Help Also is permanent Linux installation Posiible Via SDCard

I am desperate here Kindly help, my MK802 is a waste without an OS
Noobie

Re: [Please Help] Installing Android

Postby andykirby » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi,

Yes you can install permanent Linux on the SD card, search the forum for MK802 Linux and you'l find a nice distro that runs on the MK802.

Thanks,

Andy
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby Noobie » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Firstly Thank You for your time & patience

andykirby wrote:Hi,

Yes you can install permanent Linux on the SD card, search the forum for MK802 Linux and you'l find a nice distro that runs on the MK802.

Thanks,

Andy

I installed 3 distros of Linux Puppy Fedora Lubuntu . But as my title suggests (Noob) I have no idea how to turn these installation permanent

I would be really grateful is you or anyone could direct me to turn these installations permanent ( as in on Internal SSDrive) of Mk802

Is there a Tutorial you could direct me to ?, Sorry NooB here

Once again thank you for your help ^^
Noobie

Postby andykirby » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi,

Getting Linux on the NAND of the MK802 was something that came a bit later after the massive rush of actually cracking a linux desktop operating system running on the MK802 at all! Actually it runs very well on SD card, I personally never tried running it on NAND.

There were some guys that did it.... check http://guillaumeplayground.net theres some useful firmware on there that may work on the MK802
andykirby
Site Admin

Postby Noobie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:21 pm

I have a friend who ports repairs Android Based Phones/Tablets . I have asked him to Reinstall Android . He has not worked on Mk802,so fingers crossed . Though its going to be Standard 4.0 Android minus Tweaks. If that succeeds I can continue using SD Based Linux

The error I have is Software based during Factory Reset ,I have NOT installed any Apps .1st time warranty Kicked-In , 2ndTime is Now

My Mk802 Model is :
Android 4.0 Mini PC B1-W-1G/4G // using a Toshiba 8Gb Micro SD Card

andykirby wrote:Hi,

Getting Linux on the NAND of the MK802 was something that came a bit later after the massive rush of actually cracking a linux desktop operating system running on the MK802 at all! Actually it runs very well on SD card, I personally never tried running it on NAND.

I not tried Ubuntu (Mk802) but Lubuntu was best of the 3 , but it leaves a lot to be desired . I tried both Lubuntu 1080p/720p (1GB) versions still I was getting momentary hangs . The browser Chrome continuously suffers from Cache Memory Problems . Also I CANT use Lubuntu Software Center .

andykirby wrote:There were some guys that did it.... check http://guillaumeplayground.net theres some useful firmware on there that may work on the MK802

Thanx a lot Man , I owe you for this ^^ . If Reinstalling Android Fails I will give it a try
Noobie

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum