Picuntu home://io for MK802III + MK802IIIS

Forum to discuss the dual core MK802III LE Mini ARM Linux PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re:Requesting Smething Similar For MK802+

Postby Noobie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:45 am

My Android has crashed,I running Lubuntu on SD Card . Livesuite has failed me

Is Lite version of Picuntu available for MK802+ for installation ?

I am Requesting any Permanent Linux Installation for MK802+ (preferable installation via SDCard) as LiveSuite is not working for me

Kindly considering my request , I am reduced to begging, any developers please help me .

I dont want my Mk802 to waste away without an OS
Noobie

Re: Picuntu home://io for MK802III + MK802IIIS

Postby cuchi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:37 am

Hello All,

First of all, I would like to cheer the creators of this release. It's the only one I've found that has XMBC working in an usabel way. I wanted it to be a music jukebox for my house (because I think XBMC has the best mobile remote music app for both android and ios). Also I found tron game really funny.

I've been trying all the linuxroots I could find in the Internet and this one is in my oppinion far the best.

But I have one little big problem. No network connection! it's a 802IIIs so I don't expect the internal wifi to work. In the other linuxroots I always worked with an usb lan dongle without any problem. And It's really weird, because lsusb recognizes the stick but creates no network device. I tried with kernel 3.0.8+ and this linuxroot and the network worked, but neither XMBC nor tron, and X11 were horrible slow and ugly.

So my question are:
-wich is the proper kernel to use? 3.0.8-alok?
-how to troubleshoot the not existing network devices? It's completely weird for me that it worked with one kernel and not with the other.
-main one: which parameters did you use to configure and compile XBMC? It runs great!

the forum was down the time I did this flashing, now it's up and I will try with the included recovery kernel in post number 1 of the forum, and I will let you know if I succeeded with the networking stuff.

Sincere thanks and admiration for all the good work done here, ;)
cuchi

Postby cuchi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:43 am

I've just got it.... missing asik.ko into the 3.0.8-alok drivers but it is into the 3.0.8+ drivers. So I should compile it!! or maybe someone has it?

I have no idea how to compile the module for 3.0.8-alok kernel. I will google around but any help will be apreciated.

Regards!

F
cuchi

Postby jonathankonrad » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:57 pm

I have ordered a newer RK802IV. So now I can play with my MK802IIIS. Is this still the best image and place to start if I want linux on my MK802IIIs?

"Installation requires two steps:
WARNING
This is a test firmware for those that know what they are doing.
Flashing this firmware will erase the Android OS on your device so if you need Android then please don't install this!
1. Flash entire ROM to your MK802III or MK802IIIS using the tool below:
http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/ROMFlashToolMK802III.zip
2. Flash the SD card image below to a 16GB or more SD card:
http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/picuntu_home_mk802III.7z"
jonathankonrad

Postby coro » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:50 am

jonathankonrad wrote:... So now I can play with my MK802IIIS. Is this still the best image and place to start if I want linux on my MK802IIIs?
1. Flash entire ROM to your MK802III or MK802IIIS using the tool below: http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/ROMFlashToolMK802III.zip
2. Flash the SD card image below to a 16GB or more SD card: http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/picuntu_home_mk802III.7z"

Well, I refused to buy another useless android toy just to find myself in the same dead way as with mk802IIIS i have.
But it seem to me that Mali drivers, and especially accelerated video playback, are already opensource and working? That would be a reason to give it another try..
I just can not answer where we can download something pre-build. I just guess that links provided are more than one year old..
coro

Postby scooterlord » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Hello!

...after a lot of efforts I managed to install the finless rom, have written the picuntu image on an sd card using roadkil's diskimage v1.6, inserting card and booting, but the device stops at this:

(...)
"Probe gc2035_front_2 failed" and
"DWC_OTG Portpower off"
/bin/sh: can’t access tty: job control turned off

...as has been mentioned before. I have re-written the image, but still no luck.

Is there a way to check what could be wrong? The image? The sd? The sd-reader?

Have you found a solution to this problem anyone that has encountered this?
scooterlord

Postby ola » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Is this still the linux version to use?
ola

Postby idgforum » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:54 am

2. Flash the SD card image below to a 16GB or more SD card:
http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/pi ... k802III.7z

Cant be downloaded any more.
idgforum

Postby moose m79 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:20 am

Could you you please upload both links again? Second my mkiiis HDMI/stick is dead after cwm update attempt made worse by shorting wrong pins. I figured ouut I have sandisk 5-6 pin rock loader mode OK but flash fails after first reset during flash
Will SD boot work?
moose m79

Previous

Return to Cloudsto MK802III LE Linux Mini PC