New non official firmware for MK802 II

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby Adainair » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi to all i have great news.
I want to share with you my little secret :shock:
The past few days I've been busy with testing one non official firmware with my MK802 II.
This firmware is rock solid and stable tested for 3 days
Extra options different from stock firmware is:
Skype 2.9.0.315 latest from Google play now working without green image in video call also early version 2.8.0.920 works
Now we have usb microphone input support, also option for built in micphone ( but we need to mod MK802 II if is posibile :?: )
Now in storage options we have option to use external sdcard or sd card storage.
In Display output we have from 480I-480p-576I-576P-720P 50 or 60HZ 1080I 50 or 60 HZ.................to 1080P 60HZ
Also we have option for rotate screen.
Now we have reboot option built in system.
In Date & time we have now option to use 12 or 24 time format (someone is ask this feature)
Others settings are like in official firmware.
By the way i am tested also Camera.apk and is fully working (audio and video).
But my microphone from one chep (name of web cam Gembird) web camera did not wont to work in skype,also in system somethimes work and somethimes wont ( only once time tested skype but really i did not have time in past days to test this for me important features)
Only different from stock firmware and minor issues for me is we have now only 3GB ROM memory avilable and we can now only use full size USB to connect other accessories, you can't use OTG port to connect USB receiver for my keyboard like before.
Now when you connect PC in my case WIN 7 to OTG port on MK II WIN 7 automatically recognice and instal drivers for MK II and you can see in device and printers Android device( maybe we can now flash MK II with Live suite :?: ) and you can browse SDcard contents.
Power micro usb port works also but i don't use this port because i have powered USB HUB.
All other is rock solid and this is really right firmware for modification or maybe for next Rikomagic project ;) who knows.
Today i will probably buy new web cam and maybe usb microphone to i can fully test this firmware with Skype.
If someone of you is programmer of android system or know how to make some modification in firmware feel free to contact in PM .
Probably we will need to disable option for built in microphone because we can't use this features without moding the board.
I thinks we need to delete or disable one line in system file but i don't have now time to learn how to, maybe i will find time ;) if nobody helps me .
How long is this post :( but i wants to explain you all good and bad points in this firmare.
Also i need to say you we can again use stock firmware, tested with previous instaled firmware from this source. :D
Reggards Happy user of MK802 II
Maybe i can post one video to you tube :? probably not i dont like that, who knows.

Wait for update
Update :
I will use this firmware until Rikomagic release new firmware with skype support or my MK die in fight . :mrgreen:
Sorry for my poor English. :oops:
Adainair
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby ccb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks for your hard work. I hope somebody with knowledge will use your ROM as base and all together improve it for the MK802-II community. I hope also the OTG port get fixed soon.
ccb
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby homman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm

I do not understand what do you mean:

"options different from stock firmware is:Skype 2.9.0.315 latest from Google play now working without green image in video call also early version 2.8.0.920 worksNow we have usb microphone input support, also option for built in micphone ( but we need to mod MK802 II if is posibile )"

On 2.9.0.315 video works or not?
What do you mean " green image in video call "?

Which unofficial soft you tested.

Have you tried a new 31.10?
homman
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 am

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby mv1wou » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Where can I download your unofficial firmware. I want to give it a try, because the official firmware is all crap.
The 3110 firmware is also crap, because the rar archive is broken.
It is so hard for them to make good firmware and put it the right way on the ftp server.
I'm so close to throwing it in the trash and buy something decent.
mv1wou
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby Adainair » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Homman

homman wrote:I do not understand what do you mean:


Read again my post
Adainair wrote:"options different from stock firmware is
Skype 2.9.0.315 latest from Google play now working without green image in video call also early version 2.8.0.920 works.
Now we have usb microphone input support, also option for built in micphone ( but we need to mod MK802 II if is posibile )"


homman wrote:On 2.9.0.315 video works or not?


Like i say Skype 2.9.0.315 from Google play now WORKS

homman wrote:What do you mean " green image in video call "?


If you run Skype 2.9.0.315 on any stock firmware for MK802 II you will got green video image in skype, not you ( on your MK802 II all is fine) but person which you call cant see you, because video is green and unwatchable.

homman wrote:Which unofficial soft you tested.

I tested two different firmware one is
T4-404.000.10.120831B
and second is
U1A-404.000.10.121024
Both image works great and you will got extra features

homman wrote:Have you tried a new 31.10?


No i don't know for firmware 31.10 where you find this firmware? and can you say me what is different compared to 20.10?

I thinks my English is really poor :? when you can't understand what i write in previous post lol.

Update
Now i am find information for 31.10 and downloading.
Btw i am buy new web camera with supported sensor ov2655 Gembird-CAM90U it's fuc :shock: *ing ugly web cam, but i can give her new look.
Image
Adainair
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby Adainair » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks to all for support :roll:
Finally i can say i have Skype 2.9.0.315 fully working with MK802 II :D
I am try many times with web cam attached to powered usb hub and i am fail, but this time i am unplug web camera from MK802 II
and leave MK to load system then i am attach web cam and go to Settings>Audio inputs> check Use *USB Microphone inputs* and then run Skype and voila miracle :o
But i thinks i need to change firmware or something because i am not happy with this situation :evil:

*I need to check use usb microphone in settings because web cam is not attached to MK and system change audio inputs to built in microphone .

:ugeek:
Any suggestion or information about new firmware from Rikomagic :?:
BTW this is HD cam ;)
Adainair
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby homman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Yesterday I sold c510 :(

About new firmware is here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2514a


Tomorrow I download it and see.
If I don't have skype.
I try your firmware.
U1A-404.000.10.121024

I'll tell you tomorrow if it works for:
VX700
ecam
logitech

But now I need to find U1A-404.000.10.121024 firmware for download
homman
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 am

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby Adainair » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi homman
I am flash my sd card with new firmware 31.10 now i go to flash MK II :|
Good luck tomorow with new FW
Dont worry for non official firmware i will upload somewhere
Adainair
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby Adainair » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am

Warnings
I am have small bugs in first start of the new firmware 31.10, like i can't connect to Google Play, the i am reset device to factory settings and all is fine again.
Now about a new firmware i thinks this is copy of minidroid firmware :oops: but again like in minidroid image we can't use skype,
because when we run Skype TV speakers are muted and audio output is changed to audio codec. someone need to read this .
We can't really use skype 2.9.0.315 from GP because we have again green unwatchabe image in video call in the caller screen.
Someone is say this is hardware issues but i am 100% sure this is software issues because i can run skype 2.9.0.315 in non official firmware
Btw i will downgrade my MK II to 120822 or to the Droid Stick T4 Firmware -404.000.10.120831B to try skype again with new camera.
Good night to all ;)
Adainair
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: New non official firmware for MK802 II

Postby homman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:15 am

http://www.4shared.com/rar/1WpOusrj/Dro ... 40400.html

This is the firmware of the running skype?
Because only this I found on google.

You know that the software to another device?

Not afraid to install :)

If it works Why not install the software for mk802 in mk802II ?
homman
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 am

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests