WiFi Jamming

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

WiFi Jamming

Postby XaRDaX » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:46 am

Hello!

It's one week that i'm testing my new MK802 III and i've noticed a big problem: when it's connected to a wifi network is tremendously slow (max 500 kb/s) and it's jamming all the wifi networks on every channel (1-14).
It seems that the quality of the wifi signal is very high ( 4 bars ). I don't know where the problem come from, maybe some firmware issues?
Any suggestions?

I truly hope someone that someone can help me to solve that problem...
XaRDaX

Re: WiFi Jamming

Postby OwL » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 pm

I have similar problems... But mine does not interfere with the other channels.. It is just slow an only works on ch 1..
OwL

Postby mi.ku » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:31 pm

I have very slow download and upload max 722/344 kbit/s. Wifi signal is full. On other comparible devices I reach download 5Mbit/s and upload 1Mbit/s in average. I'm runing the latest firmware from 15th Nov.
Thanks for any idea how to solve this issue? Streaming is not possible. I have no other problems.
mi.ku

Postby mi.ku » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:32 pm

I have very slow download and upload max 722/344 kbit/s. Wifi signal is full. On other comparible devices I reach download 5Mbit/s and upload 1Mbit/s in average. I'm runing the latest firmware from 15th Nov.
Thanks for any idea how to solve this issue? Streaming is not possible. I have no other problems.
mi.ku

Postby mi.ku » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm

mi.ku

Postby tjay78 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am

Hello

do you have anything on the USB plug
wireless keyboard or any other wireless?
I have wireless keyboard and mouse on, and my network was also slow.
I have installed a USB extension cable to get it a little distance..
and it seem to work now
try it maybe it helps :)

T-J@Y
tjay78

Postby tjay78 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:31 am

Hello

do you have anything on the USB plug
wireless keyboard or any other wireless?
I have wireless keyboard and mouse on, and my Network was also slow.
I have installed a USB extension cable to get it a little distance.
and it seem to work now
try it maybe it helps :)

T-J@Y
tjay78

Postby mi.ku » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes, This results are reached using 1.8m cable extension between keabord module and MK802.
Did you make some data formating before upgrading to new firmware? If yes, how? Or you just flash new firmware?
Thanks
If I will not find the solution I will wait for new firmware release. If it will not solve the issue I will claim this device..
mi.ku

Postby rafkacz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 am

Hi - I have had the same problem and i've fixed.
First I thought it is a power problem - so i bought 5V/2A power adapter (it fixed only a restar problem but no Wi-fi).
Then I connet the box directly to TV (without included calble) - it helped a little (1-1.5 Mbps transfer, connection parameters were much hihger more than 100Mbps and it deceived me).
I was to buy a usb ethernet adapter - but i've made another one test - change the router placement to be near to the box (about 4m, only one wall between router and box) and it fixed the problem - now the transfer in my LAN is up to 50Mbps - i think its enough.
So try to change the placement of router - it was strange because:
-connection parameters showed in preferenced were quite good
-othre devices (phone's, tablet's) was warking good in the same place and i thought it is not the wifi range problem.

Maybe wifi adapter is not as good as in other devices or there is a problem with noise generated by HDMI out.
rafkacz

Postby mi.ku » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello thanks for the tips! Unfortunately it would mean lot of wiring to move my router closer :(
The signal I see on the wifi indicator shows almost full signal (one missing to full). So I´m waiting for some improvements with new firmware. I like this device and this issue is the only problem why I would be force to claim this product..
mi.ku

Next

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum