Stuck on boot image

Forum to discuss the Dual Core Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Stuck on boot image

Postby hansamann » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi all,

I've successfully booted the mk802 III for a few times but then this morning the device is stuck on the boot image. That's the android logo, animated, it will stay there forever. I tried updating (e.g. puttin the update.zip in a brand new sd card and booting with it, or adding it after the device was turned on), but nothing helps.

What can I do now? Is there some kind of reset option?

Can I flash the firmware if I am using a mac?

Thx!
hansamann

Re: Stuck on boot image

Postby agathon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:12 pm

What are you using for power? It seems to need 2 amps (2000ma) or so to boot reliably. I found with an old cell phone charger (500ma) it usually wouldn't get pass the boot screen.
For the USB jack on a TV you need on that supports a disk drive, possibly labeled HDD.
agathon

Postby strumpan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 pm

I have the exact same problem, using usb from tv as power or cell phone charger.. still stuck at boot.
strumpan

Postby shishir332 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi,

I am as well stuck on the boot loop and also struggling to get my device detected in my lapptop. I have tried to connect it via mini USB both in Windows 7 and Windows XP but none of them seem to recognize that device. I have tried to connect using the male-to-male USB cable via Host port on the device and it still doesn't show up in my computer.

I have tried to flash the PINS as mentioned in the other posts but that hasn't helped it either.

I have looked for any device not properly installed in the device managers but can't see any there while the rikomagic device was connected.

Please can some one point to where I may be going wrong in trying to get this working.

Thanks,
S
shishir332

Postby shishir332 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:06 pm

[RESOLVED]!

Unlike pins pointed in the image http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13, you need to flash the 6th and 7th PINS of the NAND chip as shown in the image in the 'III recovery by short circuit-11.17.doc'. (see attached image)

It's not straightforward to flash by shorting these pins as it needs to be performed with a lot of patience and dexterity (especially if you don't have anyone around to help you).

Cheers,
Attachments
RikoMagic802III_Flash_Pins.jpg
RikoMagic802III_Flash_Pins.jpg (205.97 KiB) Viewed 9022 times
shishir332

Postby fender » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Solved for me after 20 attempts. Tried on Win7 first, but did not know that the driver, once installed via pin 6-7 short, had to be updated via Device Manager. The driver, tool and firmware file are in the same download zip file from Rikomagic . If the driver is not installed properly, uninstall it with delete option ticked and try again. Use a good usb cable and port. For "upgrade" and "restore" tool options, I was getting error "download IDB fail" and feared that was the end! But it finally worked. Plugged the device back into the TV and it took at least 5 minutes to do anything on TV. I don't know if it's because I chose the wrong tool option, but I lost all apps, data and settings Good luck and happy hunting.
fender

Postby haglig » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:00 am

Hello,

This is the second time I'm experiencing such a problem with the device.
The first time was solved by supplying me a new device as it was still under the guaranty.
There is no sign of problem before it appears, or a unusual response from the deceive prior to the situation.
It feels like the device is just not durable enough for long use…
and it is very upsetting as it is not cheap comparing with other devices!!
I see all the posts here for fixing the problem and it seems there is no simple coherent protocol, if it can be fixed at all!??
can please someone certified from the company provide an understandable step by step protocol for fixing the problem before throwing away this device and getting something better!

Thank you very much
haglig

Return to Rikomagic MK802 III Forum