Firmware Versions Reviewed (wifi chipset 8188)

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 II Mini PC

Moderators: KEgg, twjordo, tatubias

Re: Firmware Versions Reviewed

Postby Isdenl » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:35 am

redpotatoes wrote:After getting my MK802II unit and noticing there were some problems with it, I decided to test few firmwares to see if it would solve the issue. In this thread, I will mention the issue I had with the versions I tested. Let's start with the original version that came with the unit. If someone can send me that original firmware since I cannot get it anywhere.

Does your stick have the Rikomagic logo in it? A lot of vendors are selling slightly different versions of the MK802 II without the logo. They look mostly the same externally, are probably built in the same factory, but have a different WiFi chip. The problem is that none of those unit's WiFi will work with official Rikomagic ROMs.

The incompatibility of your unit's WiFi with those ROMs make me wonder if you also have a knock off.
Isdenl

Postby danyrolux » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:30 am

xlaxplaya wrote:
Adainair II wrote:Probably you did not make a video call ?

As far as I can tell, Skype is irrelevant because there's no way to input audio or video to the MK802II. I tried using a USB audio adapter, but the output was terrible, and the input was nonexistent. I also tried plugging in my Blue Snowball USB mic and camera, and I couldn't get any audio input from that either. Unless there's a way I haven't thought of, or a version of the firmware that supports USB audio/video.

For skype, try to use Android JellyBean 2.3.4 version, for me work just fine (audio and video) with Microsoft VX-800 Webcam - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-android-gingerbread-234-on.html
Also I managed Skype to work properly on Uhost U1A-404.000.10.121024 firmware - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2012/12/uhost-firmware-on-rikomagic-mk802-ii.html
danyrolux

Postby johnshun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 am

redpotatoes, please hook us up with a link to download that xw-i8 firmware that you mentioned or a link for more information on the firmware. From my experience, Uhost 20121024 is the most stable and works the best. However, the only problem I have with it is the lack of OTG micro usb port support.
johnshun

Postby redpotatoes » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:26 am

Isdenl wrote:
redpotatoes wrote:After getting my MK802II unit and noticing there were some problems with it, I decided to test few firmwares to see if it would solve the issue. In this thread, I will mention the issue I had with the versions I tested. Let's start with the original version that came with the unit. If someone can send me that original firmware since I cannot get it anywhere.

Does your stick have the Rikomagic logo in it? A lot of vendors are selling slightly different versions of the MK802 II without the logo. They look mostly the same externally, are probably built in the same factory, but have a different WiFi chip. The problem is that none of those unit's WiFi will work with official Rikomagic ROMs.

The incompatibility of your unit's WiFi with those ROMs make me wonder if you also have a knock off.

I have the logo on the unit and it has a different wifi chipset (rtl8188).
redpotatoes

Postby danyrolux » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Hello everybody, like i just said in another post here, I just installed a few minutes ago the Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102 on my Rikomagic MK802II stick and I can only say for now that the system looks and works incredible fast and smoothly. I only had the time to verify that this version of firmware is rooted and Google Play runs with no problem... See more video here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-hd-mele-firmware-a10-neutral.html
danyrolux

Postby Adainair II » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 pm

I am glad to hear that.
By the way don't waste your time and try Mele Media centar edition it' useless for us ;)
Good luck
Adainair II

Postby johnshun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:40 pm

danyrolux wrote:Hello everybody, like i just said in another post here, I just installed a few minutes ago the Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102 on my Rikomagic MK802II stick and I can only say for now that the system looks and works incredible fast and smoothly. I only had the time to verify that this version of firmware is rooted and Google Play runs with no problem... See more video here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-hd-mele-firmware-a10-neutral.html

what's the difference between this mele and U1A-404.000.10.121024? I like the U1A a lot but the only thing that I dont like is the lack of support for OTG port. Does this mele firmware support OTG port?
johnshun

Postby redpotatoes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 am

Trying Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102 right now. (Reviewed on page 1)
redpotatoes

Postby danyrolux » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 am

johnshun wrote:
danyrolux wrote:Hello everybody, like i just said in another post here, I just installed a few minutes ago the Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102 on my Rikomagic MK802II stick and I can only say for now that the system looks and works incredible fast and smoothly. I only had the time to verify that this version of firmware is rooted and Google Play runs with no problem... See more video here - http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/01/video-hd-mele-firmware-a10-neutral.html

what's the difference between this mele and U1A-404.000.10.121024? I like the U1A a lot but the only thing that I dont like is the lack of support for OTG port. Does this mele firmware support OTG port?

I have tested Mele firmware A10 neutral version only for about 5 minutes, I can't tell for now to much, but it was running so accurate, fast and smoothly and I liked pretty much. I hope that tonight to have the chance to try some apps (Skype) and I'll let you know my findings.
danyrolux

Postby redpotatoes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:56 pm

johnshun wrote:

OTG port working on Mele firmware A10 neutral version 20130102.
redpotatoes

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 II Forum