MK802 Notebook!

Forum to discuss the Rikomagic MK802 Mini PC

Moderators: tatubias, twjordo, KEgg

Re: MK802 Notebook!

Postby NeoStormer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 pm

I would love it if someone could figure out how the lid switch on the lapdock works, I'd do it myself but I'm busy modeling the mk802 adapter.
Visit my Website: NeoStormer Robotics

Currently working on my Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Specialty in Mechatronics.
NeoStormer

Postby NOD » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:50 pm

NeoStormer wrote:I would love it if someone could figure out how the lid switch on the lapdock works, I'd do it myself but I'm busy modeling the mk802 adapter.

Probably a reed switch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_switch
And a small magnet in the lid which will be right over it when the lid is closed.
At-least that's how it was done in all the laptops I've dissected.
NOD

Postby NeoStormer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:25 pm

I could have guessed that, I'm asking someone to find out the exact cause, location, and possible fix.

Currently working on my Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Specialty in Mechatronics.
NeoStormer

Postby edrompa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:48 am

I am having trouble getting the lapdock keyboard and mouse to work. I got cables listed earlier in this thread that are confirmed working. The unit powers up and screen displays but I have no keyboard or trackpad functionality. Any ideas?
edrompa

Postby edrompa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:12 am

t-bon3 wrote:
Ripley wrote:I just ordered a lapdock for myself and was wondering what cables/adaptors I should get, specifically?

Well you can do it with 1 adapter and 1 cable then the MK802 will be 'mounted' onto the lapdock. I have the lapdock but am waiting for the MK802.
So one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230764296222
and one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290598237469

So these are the items I bought and I have no keyboard or trackpad control. Any ideas anybody?
edrompa

Postby edrompa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:17 am

I was also wondering if anyone has seen the post on miniand forums talking about maybe running this off a external battery. I was thinking for those trying to mount inside the lapdock that this could be a solution for the device turning off briefly when the screen is closed. I dont know what the rules are about linking to other forums posts but I will post a link to the USB battery charger board posted on miniand. http://www.adafruit.com/products/259#tutorials
edrompa

Postby EnvyThisStuff » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:03 pm

edrompa wrote:...So these are the items I bought and I have no keyboard or trackpad control. Any ideas anybody?

Minus that you may have a problematic lapdock.... This also ties into the discussion a few days ago: it may seem not, but it most likely requires you to do some trimming. That said, the problem is most likely the USB cable, make sure it is clearly pushed down. If trimming and pushing does not help, it may not be 5-pin and you'll need to get another in some manner.
Run into a problem? Need ***Mini PC/MK802 services***?
(installing firmware, installing LINUX, getting/setting up SD cards, etc)
Contact us! http://www.EnvyThisStuff.com
EnvyThisStuff

Postby DougC-3 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 pm

EnvyThisStuff wrote:
edrompa wrote:...So these are the items I bought and I have no keyboard or trackpad control. Any ideas anybody?

Minus that you may have a problematic lapdock.... This also ties into the discussion a few days ago: it may seem not, but it most likely requires you to do some trimming. That said, the problem is most likely the USB cable, make sure it is clearly pushed down. If trimming and pushing does not help, it may not be 5-pin and you'll need to get another in some manner.

This is identical to the experience I had--I thought the cable was on all the way but I was wrong. It can be difficult to see when the back bottom edge of the USB socket strikes the curved side of the phone slot. I only had to trim off a small amount at the point (line) of contact. It helped when I finally remembered to pry out the little insert which is intended to make room for a phone in its case.
DougC-3

Postby NeoStormer » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 pm

edrompa wrote:I was thinking for those trying to mount inside the lapdock that this could be a solution for the device turning off briefly when the screen is closed.

There's not much space as it is and you want to cram a battery and control board as well? Good luck with that.

I simple small capacitor can be used, but the best solution is to disable the lid switch.

NeoStormer

Postby nighduckman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I was able to jury rig a working connection last night by getting a simple hdmi adapter and cutting and splicing a usb connection for the rikomagic to a micro usb input for the lapdock. So, now, I have everything working...with one frustrating exception. I was hoping there would be a way to get sound to a set of earphones. I get sound just fine through the speakers but wonder how 1.) I can play sound through earphones and 2.) turn the speakers off so I can just listen to the earphones alone like on any laptop. I am using the first generation Atrix lapdock that I modified for my Droid Razr. When I am using the Razr and the webtop app, if I plug earphones directly into the phone, that shuts off the speakers. Has anyone figured out how to listen to earphones on the Rikomagic/lapdock mod while, simultaneously, being able to shut the speakers off?

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
nighduckman

PreviousNext

Return to Rikomagic MK802 Forum